Institute of Plant Molecular Biology
The person filling this position will participate in generating, processing, and evaluating large small RNA and transcriptome datasets by R-Programming and Bioconductor package.
Specific Job Duties include:
- Perform analysis of sequence data and assist others in interpretation of analyzed data
- Independently utilize various software tools, visualization tools, and skill in programming
- Provide high quality data to collaborators
- Provide clear and concise professional reports
- Work closely with scientists and lab technicians to improve data quality
- Writing grant proposals and manuscripts
- 3 – 4 year experiences in bioinformatics after PhD.
- Proficiency with programming languages including PERL, C/C++, Java or others in a Unix environment
- Demonstrated analytical skills sufficient to troubleshoot complex system and data analysis problems and make recommendations
- Strong organizational and record-keeping skills
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel while working on multiple projects
Continue reading at the source location: http://www.bc.cas.cz/en/article/article-detail/4147-bioinformatics-engineer/