PhD position – Pluripotent Stem Cell Research Team
Department of Biology, Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Start date: September 2018
The Department of Biology hosts several well established and internationally recognized lines of research oriented on Biomedicine, in the field of stem cell biology, cellular signalling, DNA repair and bacterial genomics. The PhD programme will provide opportunities for research and teaching experience at MU and nearby research institutions in a vibrant and thriving Brno’s academia.
The four-year programme is divided into 6 months of a pre-doctoral phase, followed by three and a half years of PhD training at one of the Department’s research labs. The pre-doctoral phase includes short rotations, common courses, and selection of a PhD project.
PhD position is available to outstanding young scientist with biological background and clearly demonstrated potential for future independent and highly successful scientific career.
Currently there are two research topics:
- Crosstalk between growth factor signalling and genome integrity maintenance in human embryonic stem cells
- Modelling progenitor depletion related heart failure using human pluripotent stem cells
- Complete Master´s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or similar field
- Essential training in a range of molecular biology techniques relevant to basic research
- Well-organised, motivated and passionate
Read more at the source location: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/36249