The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed near Prague, Czech Republic; its commissioning is scheduled for end of 2017. ELI will be delivering ultra-short, ultraintense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over a wide range of intensities for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high intensities of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
The research group RP2 (Laser driven X-ray sources) is expanding and recruiting physicists in relevant fields for implementation and further development of the sources (plasma X-ray source, plasma betatron or inverse Compton source).
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
laser driven X-ray sources
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- Development of X-ray beamlines and their diagnostics for user oriented research.
- Participation in implementation and verification of the beamlines at ELI Beamlines facility.
- Further research and development of the sources and application experiments.
- PhD in physics or related field.
- Several years of experience with laser-driven X-ray sources.
- Experience in leading independent research projects.
- Appropriate scientific publication record
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English is necessary.
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- Competitive and motivating salary
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (email@example.com, +420 – 601560322).
Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be
at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.