Position in Cybersecurity
The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for one position of Assistant Professor in Cybersecurity, with the Department of Computer Systems and Communications.
This position is aimed to strengthen the work of the Centre for Research on Cryptography and Security (CRoCS – https://crocs.fi.muni.cz/) at the Faculty of Informatics. CRoCS works to improve security and privacy of real-world solutions through applied research (often in cooperation with industry) and advanced education of future security professionals. System security or network security focus are most desired, yet the abilities to work with a team of graduate students and faculty on research targeting top security/crypto conferences and to engage both undergraduate and graduate students in both educational and research exercises are most critical.
Job description keypoints:
- Active international cooperation, in both research and education.
- Involvement in teaching in the cybersecurity area.
- Supervision of Master/Bachelor theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhDs.
- Involvement in expanding industrial cooperation in the cybersecurity area.
- PhD in Informatics or related discipline.
- Passion for problem solving and desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills.
- Existing track record in both education and research in the IT security area.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas covered by courses:
- Practical involvement in the development phase of software project(s) with ability to demonstrate tools developed and showcase data analyses performed.
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in teams.
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome.
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak republics (at least half a year).
Desired skills and achievements:
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
- Experience with research achievements published at the top security conferences or best journals publishing cybersecurity or applied cryptography research results.
- Ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Successfully defended Bachelor and/or Master theses supervised.
- Open-source projects development and maintenance.
- The starting salary for this Assistant Professor position is 74,000 CZK, and with the progress in this tenure-track position can in no more than 3 years be modified based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
- Candidates with borderline record and/or missing skills may be offered a Lecturer position for the start of their engagement. The monthly salary for the Lecturer position 46,000–55,000 CZK.
Applicants should submit:
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/51351.
Any queries re. the submission shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Queries re. the position as such can be addressed to Prof. Vashek Matyas.