The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for one position of either Assistant Professor (preferred) or Lecturer in Information Technology, with the Department of Machine Learning and Data Processing.
- Involvement in teaching in the Information Technology (IT) area at the Bachelor and Master levels.
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhD students.
- Involvement in expanding industrial cooperation in the IT area.
- Active international cooperation, in both research and education.
- PhD in Informatics or related discipline.
- Languages – ability to teach in Czech/Slovak (or to acquire this ability within the first year of appointment), fluent English (both spoken and written).
- Existing track record in both education and research in the IT area.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas covered by courses
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Capabilities in project and knowledge management, interests in fundamental and applied development in the AI area.
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak Republics (at least half a year).
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
- The monthly salary for the Assistant Professor position is 49,000–70,000 CZK and for the Lecturer position 46,000–55,000 CZK based on the level of involvement in research and educational projects.
Applicants should submit:
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/44729
Any queries regarding the submission shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries regarding the position can be addressed to Assoc. Prof. Ales Horak: email@example.com