Do you want to work on an exciting PhD project at the interface of bionanotechnology and bioelectromagnetics? Do you love electromagnetism and micro/nanofabrication technologies? Then apply for this position!
At the Bioelectrodynamics research team (Institute of Photonics and Electronics of the Czech Academy of Sciences), we are looking for a highly motivated Ph.D. student to work on the design and fabrication of electromagnetic planar chips for the research of the electromagnetic field effects at the biomolecular scale and nanoscale. Your chips will be the corner stones of cutting-edge experiments to verify the predictions of the molecular dynamics simulations of your colleagues. Your results will contribute to the development of novel electromagnetic technologies for gentler and more effective biomedicine and bionanotechnology of the future. Practically speaking, you can learn how to design microwave circuits in the 3D simulator of the electromagnetic field, how to fabricate your design by the standard laser lithography process, and how to measure biological specimen on your chip by vector network analyzer connected thru the mechanical probe system. Besides, you will learn how to read, understand, and write scientific papers and also how to present your work at international conferences around the world. All these skills will make you employable in high-tech research organizations both in academic and industrial environment around the world after your graduation.
- Finished master’s degree by February 2020 in applied physics, electromagnetic physics, electrical, electromagnetic, radio-frequency engineering, high-frequency electronics, or similar.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work in a team-focused environment.
The Czech Academy of Sciences is internationally highly ranked research institution with exceptional quality growth. At the Institute of Photonics and Electronics of CAS, we offer interesting and challenging job in an international environment, work in a multidisciplinary research team, and outstanding research infrastructure. We ensure strong support of career growth towards scientific independence.
Above that we offer:
- PhD students are employed by the Institute (part-time), which results in a competitive salary (scholarship from the university + salary from the Institute).
- Annual performance bonus
- 5 weeks of vacation + sick days benefit
- Flexible working hours
- Friendly team of supporting colleagues
- Modern educational courses and trainings for professional and scientific development beyond standard university curriculum
- Sport allowance – MultiSport card, catering and pension contribution, team building events, fully automatic coffee machine in the team
Apply by filling out the online application here.
Deadline for application: 24th November 2019
Starting date of the position: 2nd March 2020