We are seeking an energetic and well-organized laboratory manager for Dr. Sirová´s group studying the ecology of complex microbial communities. This position integrates laboratory responsibilities with certain administrative tasks.
- Oversee all laboratory operations
- Assist scientists and graduate students with DNA extraction, PCR and qPCR analyses, microbial strain isolation, and culture maintanence.
- Maintain laboratory consumable and reagent inventories. Order and receive supplies and equipment.
- Keep laboratory logs up to date.
- Knowledge of basic microbial ecology, molecular biology techniques, and good understanding of the underlying scientific principles
- Research experience in an academic or industry setting
- Ability to communicate, read, and write in the English language
- Ability to follow current literature and change/optimize laboratory protocols as needed
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to use good judgment in managing deadlines and responding to inquiries
- Willingness to learn new methods and approaches
Please contact RNDr. Dagmara Sirová, Ph.D. at email@example.com or +420737476023 for more details.