Laboratory Technician for the Research Group “RNA-based Regulation of Gene Expression”
Peter Lukavsky Research Group – Central European Institute of Technology
Research Group Leader: Peter Josef Lukavsky, Ph.D.
31 December 2018
A position for a laboratory technician is available in the research group “RNA-based regulation of Gene Expression” which is part of Structural Biology program at CEITEC, Masaryk University (MU). We study disease-related biological processes by investigating protein structures and their interactions with other proteins, RNA or small molecule inhibitors using biomolecular NMR and related biophysical methods.
– Expression and purification of proteins
– Transcription and purification of RNAs
– Preparation of various media and buffers
– PCR and cloning of RNA and protein constructs
– Preparation of isotope-labelled nucleotides
– Binding studies using ITC, fluorescence anisotropy, EMSA,
and other biophysical techniques including data analysis
– Performance of NMR experiments to study small molecule interactions with proteins and RNA
– Implementing new techniques and projects
– Help incoming co-workers into a smooth start in the lab
– At least Master degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, chemistry or other related fields of life-sciences
– Good knowledge of English (oral and written)
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
– High motivation, flexibility and self-driven interest to learn new things
– Reliability, team player, meticulousness
– Knowledge of “laboratory chemistry” – preparation of solutions with defined concentrations, adjusting pH, preparation of media for bacterial cultures etc.
– Computer literacy, MS word, Excel.
– Excellent experience with molecular biology, protein and RNA purifcation, biochemistry and NMR spectroscopy is a big plus
– Interesting work in a top scientific team
– Stable base and excellent instrumental equipment of CEITEC MU
– employment benefits
– Salary based on qualification and experience; part time appointment possible
Brno is an attractive, lively place to live and work with many cultural and recreational amenities.
Please send CV and a short motivational letter including: a) description of previous experiences b) technical skills and c) at least two contact references to Peter Lukavsky
(firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates considered for the second round of interview will be informed via email.
Start date: Negotiable
Opened Until: 31.12.2018