Fascinated by plants?
PhD, postdoc & bioinformatician positions in PLANT EPIGENETICS are available for highly motivated candidates in the group of Iva Mozgová, Biology Centre CAS, Ceske Budejovice, Czech Republic
Start date: August 2019 or based on agreement
We are a newly established research group interested in the function and evolution of the Polycomb Repressive Complexes (PRC) in plants. We focus on PRC2 function during plant growth and vegetative development. The successful candidates will join projects that combine methodical approaches of plant developmental epigenetics, physiology, molecular biology and genetics.
- PhD: MSc in molecular biology, genetics or similar
- Postdoc: PhD in molecular biology, genetics, or biochemistry (previous experience with plant models and/or epigenetics is a plus), publication track record
- Research engineer: PhD in molecular biology, genetics, or biochemistry (previous experience with plant models and/or epigenetics is a plus), thorough understanding of molecular biology techniques and standard protocols, publication track record
- Bioinformatician: MSc or PhD in bioinformatics or track record as active bioinformatician (experience with RNA-seq / ChIP-seq / BS-seq NGS data analysis is a plus)
- Proficiency in English – oral and written
- Openness to learn new techniques
- Active attitude to problem-solving, ability to work in a team
- Independent thinking & passion for science J
- Cutting-edge research projects
- International collaboration & visibility
- English speaking, stimulating and friendly environment
- Competitive salary
- Professional career development & soft skills
- Work-life balance in a historical middle-sized university city offering options for outdoor and cultural activities
Please submit your structured CV including list of publications, motivation letter and name & contact details of two academic referees via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 31, 2019. Interviews with selected applicants will be held in April.