PhD Student – Laboratory of Biology of Yeast Colonies
The Laboratory of Biology of Yeast Colonies Biocev seeks a talented PhD student to work on a research project, entitled “Differentiation of colonies and biofilms of yeast pathogen Candida glabrata”. The project is listed under the STARS program of the Faculty of Science, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Completed university education in the field of molecular biology, cell biology or microbiology (Master degree or equivalent)
- Ability to communicate in English
- Enthusiasm to engage in teamwork and learn new methods
- Experience in methods of cellular and molecular biology is an advantage; basic experience with laboratory work is required.
- A PhD student position within the terms of a STARS program scholarship (see MORE). With a possibility to apply for additional funding (Grant Foundation of the Charles University)
- Full time work in a friendly team and pleasant environment in modern, excellently equipped laboratories within the new BIOCEV research centre.
- Gain experience in teamwork as a member of an internationally recognized research team, focused on identification of molecular mechanisms involved in development and differentiation of yeast biofilms and colonies (LINK)
· The chance to master advanced methods of molecular and cell biology