Post-doc position in 2D material technology and development of self-propelled nano/micromotors
A postdoctoral research position is available as from January 2020 for the development of self-propelled nano/micromotors as a new class of smart devices frontier in material and nanotechnology. The project received funding by the Czech Science Foundation (GAČR) and the research will be performed at the Advanced Functional Nanorobot (AFN) center led by prof. Martin Pumera. The AFN Center is located at the Department of Inorganic Chemistry of the University of Chemistry and Technology in Prague. For more information please consult www.nanorobots.cz.
We look for
- highly motivated postdoc with excellent research experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, physics, material science and nanotechnology or related area
- track record of publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- experience and practical knowledge of 2D-material, synthesis and characterization techniques is essential
- hands-on experience in optical microscopy, biology and drug delivery is highly desirable
- pro-active, flexible and responsible person with a collaborative mindset
- excellent command of English (level B2 or higher)
- organizational, communication and presentation skills
- start in January 2020 or as soon as possible
- work in a dynamic international research team
- access to state-of-the-art equipment
- full-time contract for 12 months with possibility of two extensions
- competitive salary (approx. 500 000 CZK or 19 200 EUR/year)
- employee benefits (6 weeks of vacation, catering allowance, possibility of pension insurance allowance, language courses, institutional childcare)
- low cost of living in tolerant, progressive and secure country with rich cultural and natural heritage
- work in the heart of Europe with convenient transport connection to the whole world
How to apply
Email your CV, including contact information for at least two academic references, to PI of the project Dr. Bahareh Khezri, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “postdoc position in AFN” in the subject.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled. Selected candidates will be invited for Skype interview where further details regarding the position and the research project will be discussed.
For any further information please contact the PI.