Centre of Excellence IT4Innovations
Division University of Ostrava
Institute for Research and Applications of Fuzzy Modeling
announces newly open project-based postdoc position.
Position #2-Postdoc at the Department of AppliedResearch
Intelligent data processing preferably with the focus on image processing. Description of prototypically expectedskills of an applicant focused on image processing:Experience with:
- actual NN trends,
- autoencoders, GANs, recurrent NNs,
- TensorFlow / Keras / PyTorch
- the major image processing algorithms for, e.g., imageenhancement, feature extraction, geometrical transformations etc.
- to speak English,
- to publish scientific papers,
- to develop software under various platforms,
- to present achieved results atconferences
- to keep track of actual NN trends.
- Duration of the position covered by project: 11months (starting from July2019at latest!)
- Possible prolongation of the contract: Yes (under institutional conditions not determined by the project)
- Salary: competitive salary comparable with other EU countries: 2400-2500EUR monthly (based on the actual exchange rate CZK/EUR) which as more than double the average salary in the Czech Republic ensures high living standards
- Travel expenses: additional funding of trips to conferences possible
Requirements given by the project:
- Ph.D. degree obtained less than 7 years ago (this is prolonged for the length of maternity/paternity leaves).
- Work experience from a country different from the Czech Republic – at least 2 out of the last 3 years, the applicant necessarily had to spend as a researcher (min. 0.5FTE) or a Ph.D. student abroad.
- Publication activity – at least 2 publications in the last 3 years
Accepted postdoc will be supposed to intensively participate on research and publication activities of the Instituteand to intensively participate on developing new methodologies, algorithms or programme implementations.
We search only for an excellent scientist who is already very activein the given field.
Choosing the postdoc among applicants:
If an applicant meets the requirements given by the projecta committee consisting of three senior members of the Institutewill evaluate applicants.
How to apply for the postdoc position:
Applicant is supposed to submit (only in electronic version) the following documents:
- scanned Ph.D. diploma (official English confirmation may be additionally required),
- a cover letter,
- structured CV in PDF format,
to the email address email@example.com due to March 29, 2019.