PostDoc position in functional island biogeography – Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences, Department of Functional Ecology, Třeboň, Czech Republic
The Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences announces 2 PostDocs positions (1 full-time, 1 part-time) for 3 years, starting early 2019.
The PostDoc candidates will be required to prove their capacity to conduct research independently, that is, collecting and analyzing data, interpreting results, drafting scientific papers, ability to do networking, presenting before an audience, being proficient in the English language. The PostDoc researchers will be appointed based on their skills and interest in dealing with the different research tasks, namely combining theoretical and practical work on island biogeography with functional ecology.
– PhD degree in related fields to island biogeography and plant functional ecology (e.g., plant biology, plant ecology, biodiversity conservation) achieved no more than 8 years ago;
– Proficient in the English language;
– Knowledgeable of statistical analyses applied to ecology, keen user of statistical software(s) particularly R, and of MS Office;
– Motivated, independent, reliable, curious, able to work alone as well as within and among teams, capable to develop research network, self-confident in presenting before audiences (both scientific and non-specialized public).
– 1 full-time position and 1 part-time for 3 years;
– A creative job and the opportunity to grow professionally;
– Salary according to internal wage rates of the Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences (monthly gross salary 35000 CZK for the full-time post), employee benefits (gastropass tickets, pension insurance contributions and public healthcare, flexible working hours);
– A stimulating work environment in Třeboň, Institute of Botany.
Job may start on 1st January 2019 or later.
Please send a professional CV, cover letter and at least one recommendation (from supervisor or previous employer) in electronic form to Dr Gianluigi Ottaviani: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com. For further details and information related to the project, contact Dr Gianluigi Ottaviani through the email addresses provided.
Deadline: 31st January 2019