The Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences announces one PostDoc´s position for 3 years, starting April 2019 till end of December 2021.
The PostDoc candidates will be required to prove their capacity to conduct research independently, that is, collecting and analyzing data, interpreting results, drafting scientific papers, ability to do networking, presenting before an audience, being proficient in the English language. The PostDoc researchers will be appointed based on their skills and interest in dealing with the different research tasks, namely combining theoretical and practical work.
Functional anatomy and morphology of plants: the aim is to test functionality of selected anatomical and morphological traits along environmental gradients and in manipulative experiments considering evolutionary constraints. With existing datasets and with additional sampling the postdoc should develop his/her own project focused on relationship between morphological and anatomical traits in temperate perennial herbs.
– PhD degree in related fields to plant functional ecology (e.g., plant biology, plant ecology, biodiversity conservation) achieved no more than 8 years ago;
– Proficient in the English language;
– Experience with anatomical and morphological analyses of plants is welcome but not necessary (in that case is, however, willingness to learn the methods is crucial)
– Knowledgeable of statistical analyses applied to ecology;
– Motivated, independent, reliable, curious, able to work alone as well as within and among teams, capable to develop research network, self-confident in presenting before audiences (both scientific and non-specialized public).
– one full-time position for (nearly) 3 years;
– A creative job and the opportunity to grow professionally;
– Opportunity to master anatomical and morphological methods (herbchronology, functional anatomy, clonal growth and bud bank traits)
– Salary according to internal wage rates of the Institute of Botany of the Czech Academy of Sciences (monthly gross salary 34000 CZK for the full-time post), employee benefits (gastropass tickets, pension insurance contributions and public healthcare, flexible working hours);
– A stimulating work environment in Třeboň, Institute of Botany.
Job may start on 1st April 2019 or later.
Please send a professional CV, cover letter and at least one recommendation (from supervisor or previous employer) in electronic form to prof. Jitka Klimesova: Jitka.firstname.lastname@example.org. For further details and information related to the project, contact Jitka Klimesova through the email addresses provided.
Deadline: 31st March 2019