Postdoc or research fellow positions are available to join the team for the project “Modelling and analysis of complex systems for safety of critical infrastructures“ as part of the National Center of Competence – Cybernetics and Artificial Intelligence funded by the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic.
- Period: available immediately for 6-24 months
- Contact Person: Ing. Mgr. Jaroslav Hlinka, Ph.D.
- Dealine: applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with first cut-off-point on 22. 3. 2019
The project involves developing, implementing, optimizing and applying techniques for analysis of complex network data to provide insight into dynamics of societally important real-world systems such as social and communication networks, computer networks and large-scale industrial systems.
- Contract is for 6-24 months duration (with possible extension based on the project follow-ups).
- Positions are available immediately with starting date upon agreement.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with a first cut-off point on 22. 3. 2019.
- This is a full-time fixed term contract appointment. Part time contract negotiable.
- Monthly gross salary: 36 000 – 54 000 CZK based on qualifications and experience. Cost Of Living Comparison
- Bonuses and travel funding for conferences and research stays depending on performance.
- No teaching duties.
- Applicants should:
- Hold a PhD (applications for a part-time doctoral position will be also considered; supervision of related PhD thesis topics possible at the Czech Technical University or Charles University).
- Have strong statistical, machine learning and/or data analysis skills with practical programming experience.
- Be fluent in English.
- We seek curious, self-motivated, hard-working, team-spirited researchers.
- Prior experience with time series and network analysis is advantageous, but not required.
- The applications are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and should contain:
- Curriculum Vitae.
- Two letters of recommendation. The referees should send their recommendations directly to email@example.com.
- A proof of the obtained degree.
Informal inquires can be sent to the principal investigator: Jaroslav Hlinka, hlinka[at]cs.cas.cz.