Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition
for the project Efficiency and Safety Improvement of Current Drugs and Nutraceuticals: Advanced Methods – New Challenges (EFSA–CDN);
Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841;
within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), PA 1, IP 1, SO 1;
OP RDE call: No. 02_16_019 Excellent Research;
to fill researcher position:
PD researcher – Postdoc position
Within research program Structural Modifications as a Tool to Improve Drug Safety (RP2).
VP2_11: Postdoc researcher, FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
- Experimental work in a lab, especially research work in Activity 2 – the synthesis of new anti-infectives,
- communication with biological specialists to evaluate the properties of the substances,
- evaluation of the structure-activity relationships,
- publish the results in international journals with impact factor,
- statistic data evaluation, planning experiments, working with data,
- cooperation within national and international scientists,
- cooperation in the preparation of national and international projects,
- working on key activities of the project.
- completed doctoral degree (Ph.D) in area of organic, bioorganic or pharmaceutical chemistry,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least one from abroad),
- experience with synthesis of antimicrobial drugs,
- sufficient publication activity (at least 2 papers with IF ≥3, at least two papers as a first or corresponding person),
- applicants h-index ≥3
- no more than 10 years after completed doctoral degree (Ph.D. degree) in natural sciences at any university in the Czech Republic or equivalent degree at any university abroad. The PhD degree must be completed before the deadline of this open competition),
- active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English).
Applies to all applicants:
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for research work (patience, persistence, and passion towards long-term goals in research),
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills, and past research experience,
- professional application letter,
- 2 letter of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least one from abroad),
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- consent to use personal information provided for the purposes of the tender within the meaning of the Act no. 101/2000 Coll., on Personal Data Protection, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The start of work: 1st January 2020
Place of work: Hradec Králové
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period (1 year) with the possibility of extension for the entire duration of the project, i.e. to 31 December 2022.
Full time job (1.0 FTE)
- highly competitive salary,
- interesting work in an expert team under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialists,
- collaboration with foreign experts from Europe, USA, and Australia,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences,
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than 12:00 pm on 1st of December 2019 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – EFSA-CDN Project – Postdoc position VP2_11”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
prof. RNDr. Jarmila Vinšová, CSc. – Department of Organic And Bioorganic Chemistry
Phone: +420 495 067 343
This project NO. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841:
Efficiency and safety improvement of current drugs and nutraceuticals: advanced methods – new challenges (EFSA–CDN) is co-funded by the European Union.