Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Photonics for Biosensing
The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in the field of Photonics for Biosensing.
Responsibilities and tasks
The selected candidate will carry out research into optical methods and measurement systems for plasmonic biosensors. Specifically, the selected candidate will be expected to develop advanced optical platforms based on plasmonic (nano)structures for affinity biosensing and participate in their applications for the detection of biomolecules and investigation of biomolecular interactions related to medical diagnostics.
- Ph. D. degree in optics, optoelectronics, physics, electrical engineering or similar,
- publication record in the field of optical measurement methods, optical systems, waveguide optics and/or plasmonics, and optical (bio)sensing,
- experience in the design and experimental development of advanced optical platforms.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a vibrant and multidisciplinary research team
- excellent research infrastructure,
- full time employment with 5 weeks of vacation and other benefits (flexible working hours, sport, catering and pension contribution).
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from January 1, 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
In order to apply, please, send a letter of application (cover letter), CV, and a list of publications to Ms. Jana Petrlova (email@example.com).
In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Photonics for Biosensing.
In order to conduct the selection procedure on the position you are applying for it is necessary to collect and process your personal data. By replying to this ad, you provide to the Institute of Photonics and Electronics, Czech Academy of Sciences (located at Chaberská 57, 18251, Praha 8, Czech Republic) your personal data only for the purpose of the selection process. The personal data shall be stored for the duration of the selection procedure, and further for max 6 months after the termination of the selection procedure for the legitimate interest of the controller in order to prove the proper course of the selection procedure and to evaluate the results of the selection procedure. During metioned period personal data can be stored on our internal and an external storage (owned by Microsoft Corp.) with dedicated access. After the above period expires, your personal data will be permanently deleted.