The Institute of Photonics and Electronics v. v. i., in accordance with the Act No. 283/1992 of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, as amended by the Act No. 420/2005, and in accordance with the Statutes of the Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow position in the field of Plasmonic Biosensors.
Responsibilities and tasks
The selected candidate will carry out research into optical biosensors based on plasmonic nanostructures and their applications for investigation of biomolecules and their interactions. Specifically, the candidate will be expected to:
- carry out design of plasmonic nanostructures and platforms for biosensors based on optical spectroscopy of surface plasmons,
- participate in preparation and characterization of plasmonic nanostructures,
- develop and characterize new optical platforms for plasmonic biosensors,
- participate in applications of these biosensors for investigation of biomolecules and their interactions.
- Ph. D. degree in electrical engineering, physics, optics, or similar,
- publication record in the field of (bio)photonics and plasmonics,
- experience in research into plasmonic (nano)structures and biosensors,
- experience in development of optical systems for sensing.
- interesting and challenging job in an international environment,
- work in a large multidisciplinary research team,
- excellent research infrastructure.
Terms of employment
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from January 1, 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Please send us a letter of application (cover letter), CV, list of publications and two references to Ms. Jana Petrlova (firstname.lastname@example.org). In the subject line of your email, please, state that you apply for Postdoctoral Research Fellow Position in Plasmonic Biosensors.
In order to conduct the selection procedure on the position you are applying for it is necessary to collect and process your personal data. By replying to this ad, you provide to the Institute of Photonics and Electronics, Czech Academy of Sciences (located at Chaberská 57, 18251, Praha 8, Czech Republic) your personal data only for the purpose of the selection process. The personal data shall be stored for the duration of the selection procedure, and further for max 6 months after the termination of the selection procedure for the legitimate interest of the controller in order to prove the proper course of the selection procedure and to evaluate the results of the selection procedure. During metioned period personal data can be stored on our internal and an external storage (owned by Microsoft Corp.) with dedicated access. After the above period expires, your personal data will be permanently deleted.