The Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences, v. v. i. (FZU) is a public research institution, focusing on basic and applied research in physics. The Institute of Physics is the largest of the institutes of the Czech Academy of Sciences with more than 1300 employees, including a considerable number of international workers. The ambition of the Institute of Physics is to push forward the boundaries of knowledge and to conduct first-rate research in the fields of elementary particles, condensed systems and solid particles, optics, plasma physics and laser physics.
Department of Optical Materials, Prague, Czech Republic invites applications for the position of the
Postdoctoral Researcher in Material Engineering of Diamond and Carbon Thin Films
The successful candidate (m/f) will become a part of an international English-speaking research team. He/she will be responsible for preparation and characterization of advanced materials – mainly diamond and carbon based deposited by plasma enhanced CVD and PVD processes.
With respect to candidate’s background the main task will be oriented to development of processes for synthesis of well-defined diamond structures with optical centers, development of carbon-based composite materials and opto-electronic devices, and fabrication of (bio-) sensor prototypes.
The main tasks/duties will be:
- To carry out the depositions of various materials by CVD or PVD systems
- To work in clean rooms
- To measure the properties of the synthesized materials, analyse the data and use them as feedback for establishing further experiments
- To report and publish the research outputs
- To propose and develop new areas of research within the research group
- Ph.D. degree in Physics, Chemistry, Engineering or in nearby fields
- Experience in material engineering as PVD/CVD plasma processes
- Strong motivation to work on novel and exciting research topics
- Experience in the field relevant to the interdisciplinary research
- Opened to work with national and international partners from industry and society
- Basic skills in chemistry and mechanical engineering
- Relevant publication record
- Good organization skills
- Good English literacy
The successful candidate will get a full-time job within the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
He/she can expect:
- Participation in multidisciplinary scientific projects
- Professional team with friendly atmosphere and mutual respect
- Personal growth accessing training and education courses
- Work-life balance
- 5 weeks of holidays plus 5 sick days
- Flexible working hours
- Meal vouchers, multisport card and other employee benefits
The application should be sent via email to Simona Dačeva – email@example.com and it should consist of a CV, list of publications and a motivation letter.
The initial period of employment is 1 year (with the possibility of an extension), starting from March 2020 or as soon as possible thereafter.
Place of work: Institute of Physics in Prague, Cukrovarnická 10, Prague 6
Please don’t hesitate to contact us for further information about the position.
Mgr. Simona Dačeva, Na Slovance 1999/2 | 182 21 Praha 8 | Czech Republic
Tel.: +420 266 053 425 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org