- DIANA Biotechnologies is a unique biotech start-up, established as a spin-off from the IOCB (UOCHB) Prague with a venture capital funding.
- We are providing innovative solutions for clinical diagnostics and drug discovery, utilizing our proprietary DIANA technology for ultrasensitive detection of targets in clinical samples, high-throughput screening, in vitro pharmacology and much more.
- We are developing best-in-class diagnostic kits, providing contracted research services for drug discovery and running our own drug discovery pipeline.
- We are based in state-of-the-art laboratory facilities in Vestec near Prague, Czech Republic.
Who are we looking for?
- We have openings for both Junior (Masters, PhD) and Senior (postdoc or early PI) research scientists.
- You should have education or equivalent experience in biochemistry, molecular biology, chemical biology, medicinal chemistry, pharmacology or related fields.
- Experience in cell culture, recombinant protein expression, protein chemistry and especially in qPCR and immunoassays such as ELISA is highly desirable. Experience in high throughput screening, drug discovery or development of diagnostic tools is a plus.
- We would like you to be flexible to work on multiple projects, driving your independent R&D projects, but also be willing to deliver production tasks if required.
- You should be fluent in English and have good communication, reporting and data management skills.
- Depending on your experience and interests you could:
- Develop DIANA assays for novel targets (both for diagnostics and drug discovery)
- Develop new applications of DIANA and related techniques
- Run high-throughput-screening projects, including data analysis and compound management
- Optimize the assay to commercially-ready product, incl. production of components and preparing documentation
- Optimize and automate our experimental facilities (may involve basic programming and databases)
- You would employ methods such as qPCR, protein expression, purification & chemical modification, enzyme kinetics, multi-well plate assays and cell culture.
- We also want you to contribute to the identification of new clinically relevant targets (reviewing scientific, commercial and IP landscapes), facilitate collaborations, communicate results and contribute to papers, patents and presentations.
What do we offer?
- Full-time position, available starting immediately.
- Working in a friendly dynamic multidisciplinary team with entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Ability to utilize your research skills and expertise for real world applications – bringing products from early discovery phase to the market.
- Participating in collaboration with top-tier institutes and global pharma and diagnostic companies.
- Personal and professional development – you would join the company at early growth stage with a range of career development options.
- Competitive salary above local academic standards.
Applications and further enquiries to be send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When applying, please send us your motivation letter (describe your ambitions and skills you can contribute) and CV (incl. list of publications and at least two reference contacts).