Research Technician EMA – Center for Translational Medicine (CTM)
We are seeking a motivated technician with a solid background in molecular biology, who will join the team of Dr. Manlio Vinciguerra focused on epigenetic, metabolism and aging. The Epigenetics, Metabolism and Aging (EMA) Group is part of Centre for Translational Medicine (CTM) at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC).
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
The technician will help the development of a project in the broad field of understanding how immune reactions and metabolic changes influence the aging process.
The research team is examining how the different variants of histones affect cellular metabolism and cancer, and it is examining how large types of histones function as energy sensors and oncogenes in different types of cancer. The team is also aimed at examining the beneficial effects of short-term fasting on the increased effectiveness of chemotherapy in cancers of the digestive system.
Starting Date: Immediate (negotiable)
FTE: 1 FTE (full-time assignment), 1 year term contract (renewable)
Job Description – you will:
· Undertake experiments with a mentorship of Principal Investigator
· Extract DNA from blood samples.
· Perform quantitative PCR (qPCR).
· Prepare protocols and maintain a reliable record/lab book.
Write short reports in English.
· Bachelor/Master degree in molecular biology, laboratory work/analyses, DNA/RNA protein handling, or related disciplines.
· Experience in handling DNA and blood samples. DNA extraction and qPCR.
· Experience in private data handling – respect for privacy rules/laws.
· Well organized, responsible, self-motivated and flexible attitude
· Positive and team-work personality
· Working in international multidisciplinary team of experts in epidemiology, nutrition, cardiovascular health, epigenetics
· Engagement in ambitious research projects
· Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment using state-of-the-art technologies
· Opportunities for further education and training
· Competitive salary and fix-term contract for 1 year with possibility of extension
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation and previous experience and 2 recommendation contacts to email@example.com until 28th February 2019. For more information mail to Dr. Manlio Vinciguerra (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Ms. Lucie Ovčáčková (email@example.com).
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne’s University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne’s University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.