Scientific Entrepreneur – JUNIOR Research Group Leader
Are you interested in bringing your hi-tech idea closer to commercialization? The Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), located in Brno, the Czech Republic, alongside the Brno City Council and the South Moravian Innovation Centre (JIC) are looking for candidates for a pilot programme bridging the gap between an innovation idea and the founding of a hi-tech start-up company. CEITEC can provide you with state-of-the-art research infrastructure and a start-up grant up to 250k EUR enabling you to materialize your idea. In a period of two to three years, you will have full access to our research facilities and business support of JIC’s entrepreneurial programmes and network of business executives and advisors.
We are seeking dedicated individuals with a clear vision of bringing their research idea into a hi-tech commercialization project in the areas of materials science, nano and micro technologies, biological and biomedical research.
You will have:
- a research plan which utilizes CEITEC core facilities and laboratories
- at least 3 years of research or work experience after completing your doctorate degree
- resided or carried out your main activity in the Czech Republic for less than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the deadline for application submission
- proven track record of high-quality scientific productivity as judged by applied results and publications in high-impact peer-reviewed journals
- ability to lead a team and attract public and private funding
- up to €250k start-up grant for a period of 2 to 3 years
- access to the state-of-the-art lab infrastructure (http://nano.ceitec.eu/ or check www.ceitec.eu for other areas then nanofab at CEITEC Nano)
- regular business consultations with a professional business development agency and access to the relevant network of experienced business executives (www.jic.cz/en)
Your application should include:
- CV (max. 3 pages) with detailed description of your academic and professional merits, listing your applied results, research grants, impacted publications, number of citations, h-index and contact for two potential referees,
- Research plan and visions (max. 8 pages) for the next 2-3 years with a detailed description of the research area (must be within the scope of nano and micro technologies, biotechnologies or advanced materials and exploit CEITEC shared facilities). Applicants are strongly recommended to adhere to the template for ERC Proof of Concept Grant 2018 – Part B with a focus on the area of excellence in innovation, expected impact, implementation plan (with specific focus on the future business implementation) and the budget allocation.
Should you have any questions, please contact Pavel Krecmer at tel.+420 730 161 232 or at pavel.krecmer(at)ceitec.vutbr.cz.
The position is available from February 1, 2020.
Applications must be received by November 26, 2019, to ensure consideration. Please submit your application by e-mail to email@example.com and quote the “JRGL Scientific Entrepreneur” in the subject.
Evaluation period: November 27, 2019 – January 31, 2020
The “JRGL grant” is funded by the Statutory City of Brno.
Start date: 18.10.2019
Opened Until: 26.11.2019