We are offering a key position within the mass spectrometry-based Core Facility at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA‑ICRC). We are seeking an experienced professional in any field of mass spectrometry application in life sciences (proteomics, metabolomics, MS imaging).
About Mass Spectrometry Core Facility (MS CF)
The core started in April 2017 as the youngest research platform with the main objective to create a service based infrastructure supporting ICRC researchers by providing both, an access to high‑end MS technology and expertise in proteomics. The core is currently fully functional and supports both, internal and external researchers either in a form of proteomics services (https://www.fnusa-icrc.org/cz/vyzkum-icrc/vyzkumne-skupiny/servisni-laboratore/hmotnostni-spektrometrie) or via res. collaborations.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA‑ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
We are looking for an enthusiastic mass spec expert with hands‑on experience in the field of MS‑based proteomics/metabolomics/imaging. As a key member of small, dynamic and young team you will have a unique opportunity to shape the core with your vision and take a full advantage of your (and ours) skills and potential. As a principal MS specialist you are expected to be the backbone of the team with deep insight covering all the steps of experimental workflows.
- Supervising experimental work of the team
- Participating in ICRC research projects, leading independent ones
- Representing MS CF on conferences and meetings
- Ph.D. in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Protein Chemistry, Molecular Biology or equivalent
- Practical experience in proteomics, metabolomics or MS imaging with deep understanding of particular field and thorough theoretical overview of the others
- Hands-on experience with (nano)LC-ESI-MS/MS and/or MALDI-TOF/TOF and understanding of produced data structure and processing
- Excellent communication skills, including with people from diverse backgrounds
- Passion for working in a team and making a difference
- Excellent command of English
Nice to have
- Experience leading a group or a team
- Solid organizational and negotiation skills
- High level of creativity and flexibility
- Experience in writing grant proposals
- Multinational environment.
- Competitive salary.
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Full-time assignment.
- 1 year contract with possible extension (will be discussed in due time).
- The successful candidate can start immediately
- Team-oriented attitude
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation, previous experience and contact for 2 references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.
By responding to this invitation and/or sending your CV and any other personal materials to St. Anne’s University Hospital, you consent to the collection, processing and storage of your personal data in accordance with Act No. 101/2000 Coll., the protection of personal data. You are providing St. Anne’s University Hospital with these data solely for the purpose of mediating employment, the period however being no longer than one year from submitting. Should you not reclaim the materials submitted by you, they will be discarded after the period has expired.