Dean of the Faculty of Medicine of Masaryk University announces a selection procedure for
The Chair Position at the Department of Biology
The Department of Biology (www.med.muni.cz/biology/) as the excellent research department of the Faculty of Medicine Masaryk University (www.med.muni.cz) seeks exceptional applicants with a strong track record in research and teaching.The successful candidate will head the department and is expected to represent the field adequately in management, teaching, and research.
Candidates for this position should have a well-established, robust, and funded program that is internationally recognized for excellence, ideally in one of the fields, that reflect the research groups in the department, or in related biomedical field that can benefit from collaborating with scientists at the department and existing infrastructure and expertise. The research groups in the department are as follows:
- Embryonic and induced pluripotent stem cells;
- Cancer biology;
- Cell signaling;
- Recombination and DNA repair;
- Bacterial genetics and genomics;
- Meiotic DNA repair and genome stability;
- Cilia biology and signaling.
- A University degree in general medicine or biology
- PhD degree and current position of full professor or associate professor with a track record that gives the basis for assuming that promotion to full professor will be possible within the next 3-5 years
- Scientific and publishing activities in the given field
- Strong academic leadership, clear vision and strategic skills, aptitude and enthusiasm for pre-gradual and post-gradual teaching and supervision, experience in translational research, willingness to co-operate with other fields, and strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Moral integrity
- Vibrant intellectual environment and state-of-the-art equipped laboratory space within a new Masaryk University Campus;
- International multidisciplinary team and engagement in highly ambitious projects;
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment;
- Administrative support;
- Various opportunities for further education, training and professional growth;
- Competitive salary and benefits;
- The successful candidate could receive a generous start-up package.
In order to ensure full consideration, interested candidates should submit a letter of application, CV, complete list of publications and third-party funding, photocopies of qualification papers and diplomas, a criminal record and recommendations by two professional guarantors to the HR department of the Faculty of Medicine, through e-Application (see below). More information on email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Incomplete or low-quality applications may not be guaranteed full consideration.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Professor Tomas Kasparek, Vice-Dean for Research at Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University, email@example.com.