Department of Middle Eastern Studies
Job title: Visiting Fellow at the Prague Centre for Jewish Studies
Field and specialization: Early modern Jewish culture and thought
Part-time position: 0,4 (16 hours per week)
- The applicant must be an internationally recognized scholar who has obtained a Ph.D. in medieval and/or early modern Jewish history
- They must have a research and publication track in the area of sixteenth- and seventeenth-century Jewish thought (focusing in particular on the role of scepticism and heresy)
- They must have long-term teaching experience at a higher education institution
- Visiting Fellow is expected to teach one 90-minute course per week at B.A. level in early modern Jewish history and culture, give one public lecture at the Prague Centre for Jewish Studies discussing their recent research and take part in an advanced seminar for faculty.
- All teaching and lecturing will take place in English, knowledge of Czech is not required.
Expected starting date: February 15, 2020
Application deadline: September 8, 2019
Complete applications will include the following:
- a short personal statement outlining the proposed course
- a curriculum vitae with a list of publications
- copies of documents that show academic degrees awarded
Submitting the application:
- Submission by mail or in person:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by mail or delivered in person to the following address:
Mgr. Hana Holubová, Human Resources Dept., FF UK, nám. Jana Palacha 1/2, 116 38 Praha, Czech Republic
- Submission by e-mail:
The application with all its attachments can be sent by e-mail to the address email@example.com
The original copies of relevant documents will have to be presented during the on-site interview.
Based on the committee’s decision, either all applicants or selected applicants only will be invited to the second round of the competition, i.e. an interview.